George Wittet was the consulting architect to the Government of Bombay during the earlier twentieth century and designed most of the signature buildings of Bombay city including the Prince of Wales Museum, the Gateway of India, The Science Institute, the KEM Hospital, the Small Causes Court, the New Customs House, Wadia Maternity Hospital and the Central Bank building. He started practising in Bombay in the year 1903 as Assistant Consulting Architect and was later on promoted as the chief architect. In the year 1919 he joined the board of directors of Tata Engineering Company and designed the Bombay House. Most of his works fall in the realm of Indo-Saracenic architecture.
He died in the year 1926 and was buried at the Sewri cemetery.